Three Stone Hearth Co-Founder and Mission Fairy Jessica Prentice offers a day-long exploration of the nutritional philosophy that underlies all our work: The Nutritional Wisdom of Traditional Diets.
Jessica will cover:
• The studies and travels of Weston A. Price
• The eleven characteristics of traditional diets that kept people healthy for thousands of years before industrialization
• Culturing and fermenting foods to increase enzymes and probiotic activity
• Processing grains and other seed foods to maximize nutritional benefit
• Sourcing meat, dairy and eggs from pasture-raised animals, and working with the whole animal, from nose to tail
• Incorporating traditional fats and Omega 3 fatty acids, and why they are so important to our health
This day-long intensive will take place at Three Stone Hearth, 1581 University Ave. Students will join TSH staff for lunch at midday, and have the opportunity to shop in our store during breaks.
Jessica Prentice, co-founder of Three Stone Hearth, has been studying traditional diets for over a decade. She is the author of Full Moon Feast: Food and the Hunger for Connection and co-creator of the Local Foods Wheel. She also coined the word “locavore.”
Three Stone Hearth Education Cancellation Policy:
If you pre-register for this class and are unable to attend, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know. You may cancel and request a full refund up until 24 hours before the class. We will issue a credit to your account for the full class price. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, we will not issue a credit to your account, however you may apply the class fee towards a future class to be used within 6 months. After 6 months, that credit will be void. If you can not attend, you are also welcome to send someone else in your place. However, please let us know that you will be doing this. If you contact us after the class, no refunds or credits will be issued.