A fat like no other! This flavorful infusion of coconut milk fat comes from our Thai-Infused Chicken Broth (Tom Kha) an aromatic chicken and coconut milk-based broth, much less spicy than what you will find in Thailand or even at local Thai restaurants. This fat is rich with medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which have been shown to promote weight loss among other benefits, and studies have shown that it can help lower "bad" LDL cholesterol and raise "good" HDL.
The flavor profile of this special fat satisfies with a harmonious interplay of lemongrass, galangal, makrut lime leaf, cilantro and fish sauce. Some ideas for its use from two of our kitchen wizards, Linda and Danielle:
- Saute a Thai-inspired meat or fish patty in Tom Kha Fat.
- Use it to saute onions, garlic and greens, add bone broth then lay your favorite fish over the greens, cover with a lid and steam till finished.
- Make your favorite fritter or veggie pancake and fry it in the Tom Kha Fat, or roast potatoes.
- Flavor an aromatic vegetable or fish stew.
- Make Tom Kha rice or an authentic Thai noodle dish with golden droplets of aromatic Tom Kha Fat on the surface of the broth.
Ingredients: coconut milk fat* infused with chicken bone broth,* shallots, lemongrass,* galangal, cilantro,* lime juice and zest,* Red Boat Fish Sauce (anchovies, sea salt), unfiltered honey, Celtic sea salt, makrut lime leaves, Thai chiles (*=organic)
Recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, black pepper-free and GAPS Diet-friendly.
*Our chicken bone broth is made with bones that are all organic, some of which are pastured and some are not.